On construction sites, a Construction Worker, also known as a Construction Labourer, performs a variety of manual construction jobs. They are responsible for loading and unloading construction supplies, constructing scaffolding, and clearing waste.
At Kilgore Companies construction sites, our workers do basic and sophisticated manual activities to guarantee that projects are finished on budget and schedule. They must also execute heavy physical work for extended periods outdoors, and they often perform the following duties:
- Assisting with the transportation, loading, and unloading of construction supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Cleaning the building site, including removing waste, unused supplies, and potentially harmful chemicals.
- Putting up and taking down ramps and scaffolding.
- Operating heavy machineries such as jackhammers, bulldozers, and loaders.
- Mixing and pouring cement.
- Demolition of structures
- Hazardous materials removal
- Asphalt paving and grading.
- Putting down concrete or asphalt.
- Landscaping with gravel and rock products.
- Concrete and earthwork.
- Site development
The word “construction worker” can apply to various professions in the industry. Still, it most commonly refers to someone who performs multiple conventional construction activities during a project.
Building workers do physical duties on construction sites to aid tradespeople and other contractors complete construction jobs on schedule. Preparing the site for heavy equipment, erecting and removing scaffolding, and cleaning up the site after projects are among their responsibilities. Construction workers also assist with the transportation, loading, and unloading of machinery and construction supplies and the operating of construction equipment. They also monitor health and safety standards and manage traffic on building sites. Depending on their expertise, construction workers can also operate heavy equipment such as bulldozers, cranes, and pile drivers.
Kilgore Companies is a world-class company that incorporates safety into all it does alongside our engaged and empowered teams working towards common goals. Feel free to check out our job listings here.